Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rights

As people we have the right's to do what we wish, as long as it doesn't break any law. We can say what we want "Freedom of speech" We can worship whatever god we wish to worship "Freedom of religion" and we also have the rights, as people to love who we want, no matter the gender, age and race.
So, why are people making such a fuss over sexuality? Let alone, why are religious people the ones who are trying to brain wash us into thinking "Jesus hates gays"
How do they know? Have they personally spoken to this guy? Has he said himself "Gays go to hell"
I think not, and whats this about the bible? Last I check, it didn't say anything about gays going to hell.
I cannot stand people who are so easily hateful over something that is different.
At a young age we are taught "Be yourself, love who ever captures your heart and live life as if tomorrow is your last day" but yet, recently, its become restricted.
Now we are taught to fit more into society and lose the sense of being ourselves.
We cannot love whoever because if its the same gender its "Morally" wrong.
We can not live that way because that is now "suicidal" talk.
For years people who chose to hate others for their sexuality have done nothing but try and make these people life miserable.
They deal with homophobes tormenting them, church people telling them they are going to hell for being in love and if at a young age, they deal with being bullied or being abandoned by their own parents.
I know how this feels, to fear the acceptance of family for who you really are.
the "closet" seems to be the only safe place for so many.
People encourage us to leave it and be open about who we are but yet to stay safe we remain in it.
How do you expect us to leave it if outside the door are people who are only going to torment us.
I can fully admit to anyone that I am bisexual. That I've dated girls and equally dated guys.
but to my parents, I myself must remain in this small closet. I've tried to get out and admit to them but they are just like the others, they cannot accept things that are different. They too think its wrong, and just the mention or slight hint that I'm bisexual they instantly shove "You are as straight as a line" down my throat.
So, like many, I must wait for the right time.
Hoping the people that "hate" for no real good reason will open their minds to us.
Now the question is, will these close minded people ever open their minds to fully understand us?
or will we forever be misunderstood?
Will we be hated for one thing that isn't really a big deal.
Then again, if they have the rights to hate us for this, we have the rights to hate them for the way they are.
If you hate gays, then the gays can hate you for being straight.
Fair enough I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment